Friday, January 8, 2010

I've been working hard and thinking hard but hardly writing. In addition to working for a living and whatnot I've been moving snow around every day for the last week and a half or so. We've probably about 20 inches of snow compacted onto the ground and some scary ice and temperatures. Last night coming back from an out of town public health training session had a true white knuckle driving experience on the glassy roads.

Am thinking a lot about Derrida and speech act theory;thinking a lot about performatives, about language that does something. Am thinking also about photographs as utterances, as expressions of ideologies/subjective views of the world/experience. There may yet be a long poem to emerge from this meditation. I'm not sure.

Also I'm not sure I can blog any longer in the personal way I once did. I'm not sure where blogging in general figures in the mix these days. I'm struggling to find a form which will accomodate a mess yet to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment