Monday, January 23, 2012

Trying to add to or at least tweak Appearances a little every day.It's an ambitious project and I'm struggling with it. 12 pages written over the course of the last month. Still very uncertain and feeling my way into the possibilities.

Appearances is my attempt at something like a novel, but not a novel like you've read before (hopefully). I attempted to write a novel once before and what resulted was very much something else,a hybrid text called Vanishing Points of Resemblance, which was initially published as a chapbook by John Byrum's Generator Press and then later folded into my selected poems, Unprotected Texts, which was published by Eileen Tabios' Meritage Press.

I don't really believe in genres, anymore than I believe in genders. I believe in the ways that things and modes of thought phase in and out of one another. And that, in a way, is what Appearances might be "about".

No comments:

Post a Comment