Friday, August 31, 2012

Graham Harman's new book, Weird Realism: Lovecraft and Philosophy, came with today's mail.  Can't tell you how excited I was to crack it open.  I'm confident that my reading of it will be reflected on this blog in coming days.

*

Obsessing some about Ariana Reines' beautiful book Mercury.  Her writing is courageous and emotionally exacting.  I want to read everything she writes.

*


Trying again to write a sex poem.  The unpublished manuscript EXPOSURES is my most thorough-going previous attempt.  I need though to get back to Appearances.  I'm procrastinating because I'm at a crucial point in the fractured narrative that I'm unsure how to resolve.

*

Earlier this week I went to an all day conference on air pollution.  I need to acquire continuing education credits in order to maintain my professional accreditation as a public health sanitarian.  5.5 hours down, 12.5 to go.  Sigh.  This morning I sent in a check to register for the NE Ohio Environmental Health Association's Fall Conference--2 days in October.  I'm going to try to get current for the next year.  If I don't go back to work during that period--doing consults, whatever, then I'll let the credential lapse.

It is kind of nice though to see former colleagues for possibly the last time.

*






No comments:

Post a Comment