Sunday, August 6, 2023

 It has been years since I last posted to this blog.  No reason to think anyone will rediscover this space any time soon, but I feel compelled to resume the practice.  Here's the latest version of a new thing I've been wrestling with:


I Don’t Know

                    Every error

                                         becomes the text.

                                                                 Robert Kelly, The Loom

I don’t

Know who

I am.

 

I’m living

Somewhere else.

 

I arrived

Leaking words.

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every word

Itself

 

A body

Inserting itself

 

Into

A body.

 

~

 

Every word

Overfilling

 

A void

 

And itself

Overflowing.

 

~

 

 

 

 

Every word

An other

 

That is

Absolutely other.

 

~

 

What I

Think

 

I know

Is quicksand

 

In this

B-movie.

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

Neither words

Nor me

 

Are free

Of quicksand

 

Exigencies.

 

~

 

Shifting sands.

Shifting registers.

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My vocabulary

Doesn’t belong

 

To me.

 

What’s your

Subject position?

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment