Monday, August 23, 2010

Avant Writing Symposium, Part Two

I'm back to work with sleep deprivation issues and an enormous series of physical tasks in front of me, but the Symposium was such a rich experience. I need, little by little, to lay out at least a fraction of what the experience meant to me.

I'm going to write in a subsequent post about personal encounters and some of the presentations. Now though I want to make note of some of the presences more etherally attending the conference...

Mark Young, for example. Several of his Otoliths publications were present and he was a topic of conversation, too. Sheila E. Murphy and I talked about an interview she is doing with Mark...

Sheila and I talked too about Rebecca Loudon and the relationship between music training, developing the discipline of regular practice, and poetry...

Steve Tills, on whose behalf I greeted Gerald Schwartz...

Tristan Tzara was present in the sound poetry and in a lovely film by Miekal And and Camille Bacos...

Bern Porter was all over the place in influence...

Marcel Duchamp was never far away... And Arakawa and Gertrude Stein were lurking.

No comments:

Post a Comment