Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm a little slap happy. I've been operating on sleep deprivation for a couple of weeks with no obvious end in sight. Today I inspected upwards of 70 townhouse apartments across a few acres. That translates into many miles and tons of stairs.

*

My hope is that at some point I can take a breath and parse the Avant Writing Symposium, at least a little. It truly was, in my experience, an unique exercise in community.

*

It's striking that, where I live in Northeastern Ohio, I have literally no one I can talk to about what I care about most--in terms that is of the life I try to live, the art I try to practice. And yet that was available in real ways in Columbus. Heartfelt conversations with Nancy and Geof, Crag and Nico, Sheila and so many more. It was all very moving and brief and profound to me. To for a moment feel like one is doing what one was meant to do.

*

2 comments:

  1. an advantage of having no one to talk to is greater possession of a solitary voice. increasingly rare in in this over-connected digital era... it's an asset even in its discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rappel,

    I take your point but I worry about becoming stunted.

    ReplyDelete