Saturday, August 13, 2011

Going through a period of mental and physical exhaustion. Work is insane now. I come home tired, go to bed early and wake up in the middle of the night worrying about things I have no control over. Chronic insomnia for the last year or so.





*





Homemade lentil soup simmering. Jeff Beck on the box.





*





My new book should be out in a few weeks. If nothing else it may be my most beautifully blurbed volume. The back cover will be graced with kind and eloquent words from Jordan Stempleman, Jessica Grim, Lyn Hejinian and Marjorie Perloff.





And the front cover will have wonderful images by the incomparable Rosaire Appel.


*


Have written the first sections of the novel and am mulling the next turn.

*

Internet connection fading out with some frequency. Sigh.

*

2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait for your book, Tom. I hope that things lighten for you asap. I sense from your reference to the internet connection's fading that the Jeff Beck music may need to be turned up.

    Reading for the many-th time The Power of Now, so thinking (stop or no-stop) is in the background, and . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila. Your good wishes mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete