Thursday, March 22, 2012

Listening to Regina Carter's reverse thread. Gorgeous, textured music.

*

Went to Grandparents Day at Andy's preschool this morning. Attempted the hokey-pokey for the first time in 30+ years. And a hula hoop. Whew. You know you're old when...

*

Magnolia trees in full bloom here (in March, for goodness sakes). It's eery, weird.

*

I'm not thinking about, not writing poetry. I'm thinking about and not writing my "novel"--Appearances. What's wrong with this picture?

*

I am reading a lot though. To the point where my eyes are always tired.

*

Did a lot of yard work over the last week. Raked leaves off the flower beds. That amounted to 20+ thirty gallon bags of leaves. Which I took to the City compost site.

*

Some of the problem with Appearances is that there is no map. I'm trying to feel my way, improvize a path as it goes. There is no predetermined structure, no grid. So I throw out constellations of Characters and concepts and try to jam with it. I'm making something that, first of all, I hope I want to read. Reading the 30 pages I have so far, over and over again, it becomes really hard to see. That, however, is the only path open to me. It's not showable now.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment