Sunday, June 16, 2013

Listening to Muddy Waters.  Thinking about divers things.

Appearances  stalled at the moment.  All sorts of ideas swirling.  I am though at a pivotal point in the manuscript and don't want to make a misstep.  It's a hesitation blues I'm singing now. That. is. what. I'm. trying. to. say.

I'm reading an impossible number of books at the same time.  One of which is America the Philosophical by Carlin Romano.  I'm not very far into this tome but I admire Romano's project.  I suspect I'll post something more about the book in coming days.

I've also just begun Fairyland: a Memoir of my Father by Alysia Abbott.  I never met Alysia's father Steve Abbott in person,but he was one of the first people to give respectful notice of the first issue of my magazine The Difficulties circa 1980.  He also published a piece of mine in his magazine Soup.  I regret I never met him.

I'm thinking a lot about Clark Coolidge's 88 Sonnets, particularly as regards poetry and number--a longtime concern.  More about that later in a review planned for Galatea Resurrects.

Note to Self:  if you ever write an "epic poem," call it Loose Ends.















No comments:

Post a Comment