Thursday, July 18, 2013

We had the exterior of the house power washed today, and the roof treated for moss, etc.  I sweltered, bouncing out occasionally to check on progress and ask questions.  Damn. It's hot.

*

I'm obsessing over that Buzzy Linhart CD to the point where the songs have invaded my dreams.

*

Received the first half of the Marsh Hawk prize money. Don't tell anybody but I'm probably going to act on a fantasy and buy this beautiful electric guitar I've been eyeing in a window downtown (it has a Wang Bar!).
For some reason this reminds me of a comment Jessica Grim once made.  We were schmoozing and I asked  her why she supposed Bruce Andrews and me seem to get along so well when we're together.  She replied: because you're both adolescents.  I love that about Jessica--her ability to, with humor and accuracy, cut to the heart of things.

*

I'm reading Eric Fischl's Bad Boy.  I always enjoy artist and writer memoirs/ biographies.  I love discovering how an individual discovers what it is it can do.  It being the operative word.

*


6 comments: