Sunday, October 6, 2013

Listening to Robert Cray's Midnight Stroll CD which I think is a masterpiece.  He's one of the guitarists I most admire.  And when you add to that his great clear as a bell voice, Jim Pugh's keyboards, Richard Cousins' bass, and (on this CD) the Memphis Horns--wow!

I take my acoustic guitar to lessons, but practice on both guitars at home.  The Epiphone acoustic has a wide neck so is hard to play, but my teacher thinks that might help me to learn to stretch my fingers.  I'm in love with the Stratocaster because of its nice tone and how notes sustain.  I love the magic that can happen with overtones.

*

I'm thinking about wanting to see  Magritte: The Mystery of the Ordinary, 1926-1938 exhibition at MOMA in NYC.  Though I see it is moving to Chicago at some point.  If I can't manage the one, maybe the other?  I dunno.  In the best of all possible worlds I'd see it with Mark Young.

*

Reading, among other things, Bleeding Edge by Thomas Pynchon.

*

We have a pretty shady back yard.  It makes it hard to grow some things.  Many years ago we planted a variety of sunflower with very small blossoms.  It keeps reseeding.  Mostly we get stalks and no blossoms.  This year we got stalks about 8 feet high and--just this week--blossoms!  I was moved by those little ones bursting out all over.  In October!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment