Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Listening to Elmore James.  He needs to find his "kind of woman before the sun goes down."  A well played blues always inspires me.  James is one of the greats.

*

Close to finishing What Would Lynne Tillman Do?, the recent collection of LT's nonfiction writing.  A ranging and beautiful volume.  Recommend it.

*

Verso has released a one volume edition of Critique of Everyday Life by Henri Lefebvre. It's still on sale (for 50% off) but you need to act quickly if you're interested.


 It's quite a brick of a book.  But I'm excited to have it.  I read the first volume years ago.

*

I see Amazon has increased the discount on my recent Dipstick(Diptych).  I'm just sayin'.

*

OK. Back to wrestling with Appearances.

*

2 comments:

  1. I wish you would join facebook, Tom. I would really enjoy reading your thoughts there.

    Thank you (long overdue) for sending me your book! Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn,
    Glad you got the book.
    People often ask me to join Facebook and other similar sites. Maybe I will at some point, but right now it feels like it would be an uncomfortable fit for me.
    Hope you're thriving.

    ReplyDelete