Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Long shadows on crystalline snow.  It's very cold.

*

Just organized my mise en place for the stew I'm going to make.

*

Can't seem to pick up the threads of Appearances at the moment.

*

Susan Tedeschi's music keeping me company.  I hope she makes it back to that river.

*

When I was organizing things in the kitchen I had a flashback to when David Bromige stayed with us.  We were drinking wine and he remarked that the three clocks in the kitchen (radio, stove and microwave) were all registering different times.  A small, but memorable moment.

*

Eileen thinks the past is thick and the present is thin.  I take her point but am unsure about the relative density of either.  What I think is that the past intrudes into the present more often than one thinks or notices.

*

 Long shadows on the crystalline snow.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment