Friday, January 30, 2015

Sometime during the night last Sunday our old upright freezer in the basement failed.  So we lost it and a couple hundred dollars worth of food.  Sigh.  That was a depressing clean-up.

*

My immune system must be shaky.  I've been sick again (with a cold this time) for the last week.

*

Listening to Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop CD.  Brilliant in so many ways.

*

Haven't been getting much writing done of late, but have been making notes and feel like I'm on the verge of something which I can't yet articulate.  Not an uncommon feeling for me, I must say.

*

My hands feel questionable.  I haven't moisturized them at all this winter because I want them rough for the guitar which I so inadequately attempt to play.

*

For the last few years I've had a skin tag on my face.  I just accepted the blemish.  But when one of my grandsons pointed to it and asked about that "mushroom" on my face I decided I should have it removed.  I did earlier this week.

*

Am reading the second volume of Jeff Vandermeer's Southern Reach Trilogy.  Really smart fiction.  I recommend it.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment