Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The subzero weather of recent days is getting old.  It was minus six this morning.

*

I'm slow stepping toward finishing the draft of Appearances.  I wrote fragments 356 and 357 over the weekend.  Eight fragments to go.  Unsure how it's all going to end.  I keep thinking possibilities and rejecting them.  Important not to force a conclusion.

*

This afternoon watched Ian Hugo's Bells of Atlantis, here.  Hugo was Anais Nin's husband.  Apparently she was also married to someone else at the same time. Nin does the voicing in the film and acts in it as well.  It's a short film and flawed in some ways, but worth watching nonetheless.

*

In the course of trying to figure out what is happening as Appearances lurches toward its end, I have experimented with some story boarding.  So, in addition to staring at the computer screen until my eyes bleed, I also stare at small drawings of stick figures arrayed in different constellations.

*

Listening to the late great JJ Cale's music and admiring its elegance.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment