Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A couple of days ago it was in the 80's.  Today it's been in the 40-50 range. Coldish.  Flowers don't look amused.

*

Listening to Junior Wells.

*

It feels great to have Appearances starting to make its way in the world.  Funny thing, though, after working on it for a few years, I'm left with a funny void.

I've exorcised a whole bunch of allegorical figures.  The Hypnotist, the Ventriloquist, and the Projectionist, for example   Even the Virtual and the Real.

So, I'm very self-consciously confronting the need to start over again.

Last year I published Dipstick  Diptych with Marsh Hawk Press.  And this week, Appearances with Moria.  Two major (to me) events/efforts.

Writing has rarely come easily for me.  But I've learned a few things over the last 40 years.  The primary thing: one can't force the good stuff.  Not to say I haven't tried.

Sometimes things need to steep.  Right now I'm in steeping time.

*

OK,  Junior.  I wanna hear that again.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment