Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Six Poetry Books I've Most Admired This Year

Squeezed Light: Collected Poems 1994-2005 by Lissa Wolsak (Station Hill, 2010).

I-Formation, Book 1 by Anne Gorrick (Shearsman Books, 2010).

If Not Metamorphic by Brenda Iijima (Ahsahta Press, 2010).

petals, emblems by Lynn Behrendt (Lunar Chandelier, 2010).

At Trotsky's Funeral by Mark Young (Kilmog Press, 2010).

Toccatas in the Key of D by Sheila E. Murphy (Blue Lion Books, 2010).


I've been privileged not just to have read and enjoyed each of these unique volumes, I've also interviewed each of the authors (except, I now realize, Brenda Iijima, who I've only dreamed I've interviewed). I say without hesitation that these are some of the most vital and engaging poets of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment