Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I took up answering my questions against my instincts, partly to see if I might surprise myself--I am more interested in questions than answers, after all -- but also because I've been having a hard time writing these past couple of months and wondered if the process might be generative, get me going on to other things. Of course, I also chose to compose in public. That adds another complicating wrinkle.

The questions were composed over the course of a couple of months with no one looking over my shoulder and were written to be performed on a very specific occasion. The composition of the answers is being performed with no particular end in mind. Other than to see if I can make something of interest to myself. It's way too early in the game to know.

Both the questions and answers are exercises in thought, exercises in subjectivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment