Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Since retiring I've seriously overworked my eyes. There's just so much I need to read.

One of the texts I'm in the midst of now is Levi R. Bryant's The Democracy of Objects (Open Humanities Press, 2011).


The Democracy of Objects is deepening my engagement with and respect for object-oriented ontology. There's a lot of poetry in Bryant's thought. (Just as there is in Harman's and Morton's.) For example: "The structure of substance is such that it others itself in its qualities." That sentence made me shiver in recognition and pleasure.

*

The ipod's shuffling Robert Randolph, the Stones, BB, Tedeschi/Trucks, Joni Mitchell, etc.

*

And babies, it's cold outside.

*

2 comments:

  1. Keep that Joni Mitchell crooning (no word is enough to depict her sound, her soul, the color in her compositions). Best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love her music. The way her voice slides into registers of feeling, meaning and tone like few others.

    ReplyDelete