Sunday, June 10, 2012

What's Been Happening Lately?

Read Buddy Guy's memoir, When I Left Home, in a couple of big gulps. Recommend it.

*

Started reading Badiou's In Praise of Love.

*

Still moving on with Zizek's Less than Nothing. Clearly I'll be reading it for another few months.

*

Trying to reimagine how to write poetry by experimenting in a lot of different directions.

*

Trying not to despair.

*

Thinking about the work I've done so far and the work I want to do.

*

Wondering about ASK/TELL and if I can generate the types of interviews I want in order to continue the site. Am seriously looking for poets interviewing folks from other disciplines about the poetics of what they, those other folks, do. As poets we need to not just talk to ourselves.

*

I'm thinking about buying a guitar and an amp.

*

I'm thinking about Rebecca Loudon's new tattoo. I like it. I like JBR's angel of history tattoo too. And Kirsten's THREAD.

I suppose if I were to get one, it would be this word near my heart: DIFFICULT.

*



*





No comments:

Post a Comment