Friday, June 1, 2012

The will to change may not change, but change can be pretty difficult to effect.

*

I read with interest Nada Gordon's post promoting a workshop she'll be teaching in the Fall which celebrates a baroque, fulsome approach to writing where "more is more."

It's the sort of thing I'd love to sit in on. Simply because it goes against all of my instincts as a writer.

There are types of writing I despise. There are also all those texts which I admire but that are so removed from the ways in which I attempt to write. Nada's work falls into this latter camp. There is a luxuriousness in her best work which I can only admire with open eyes and open mouth.

*

I'm at a point in life where I'm wondering if I done anything that's worth a damn. I'm honestly not sure.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment