Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm venturing onto the 4th string of the guitar now.  It's another order of difficulty.  But interestingly, since I started trying to reach for the 4th string, I'm having an easier time with the 3rd.  My practice repertoire is now four songs.  This newest one with the four strings and change ups I'm not used to is challenging.

At this point the acoustic is for practicing the songs and exercises.  The electric is for improvising, play and banishing stress.  Yesterday B. heard me improvising on the electric and said it sounded good.  That was something.

*

This afternoon I watched Quadrophenia.  I hadn't realized that it was made into a movie movie (as opposed to a concert film).  It came out in 1979.  Of course in '79 our first child was 1 yr old and we were struggling to keep food on the table and pay the rent.

Anyway it's a movie worth watching.  Mods and Rockers.  Great soundtrack.  Sting in his first acting role.

"Love reign o'er me!"

*

David Bowie lyric in the background: "If you can see me, I can see you."

*

I've been relishing Charles Bernstein's Recalculating.  It's delicious.  (About "delicious"--my strong memory of David Bromige imitating Creeley saying delicious  after I'd initiated a discussion of some of the keywords C would so insistently return to, over and over again. )

 We weren't mocking Creeley.  We were exploring an avenue of delight.  The words a poet obsesses over are key. This isn't to say I don't have  problems at times with C's work, but I've been reading him for over 40 years.

I've been reading Charles for a long time too. And his new book is the latest best thing I love.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment