Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's snowing.  I'm heating black beans for lunch and listening to David Bowie's The Next Day.  It's cold.  I'm really hungry and the Bowie CD is excellent.

After a long hiatus at Ask/Tell I'm in the midst of working on a new interview--this time with a psychologist.  Again, my open invitation: I'm looking for poets to do long, serious cross-disciplinary interviews.  I'd like poets to interview artists, architects, musicians, dancers, philosophers, film makers, etc, etc, about the poetics of what they do.  Poetry/poetics isn't just about communicating with other poets. And it isn't just academic.

(Bean break.)

I've been reading a lot of Renee Gladman's work lately.  More about that to come.

Looks like the new Bernstein book will arrive today, as will William Gass's Middle C.  I'm excited about both.




4 comments:

  1. I'm a quarter way through Middle C
    It's wondrous
    a different kind of anger in evidence
    than The Tunnel
    a lighter tale, if you will

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started it yet. What do you think of the cover? Doesn't the piano key become strange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I first encountered the cover
      some months back
      I had no idea what it was . .

      it's a perfect example of how alien
      how Other
      a thing can be
      when seen out of context

      *smile*

      Delete
  3. Exactly. It might well be the most powerful cover image I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete