Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Listening to Alabama Shakes.  Brittany Howard's  voice a great alternative to the bitter cold weather outside.   The lady can wail and soar and make me want to shake it myself.

(Shakin' break. Can you help?)

*

Sorting Facts: or, Nineteen Ways of Looking at Marker by Susan Howe is the first in a series of "poetry pamphlets" from New Directions.  It's an interesting/innovative essay on the film work of Chris Marker.  My first experience of this essay was when Susan gave it as a lecture in an Oberlin art gallery 16 or so years ago.  (My memory for dates is awfully fuzzy at this point.)  A day or so later she gave a great slide show/lecture at Oberlin College on Emily Dickinson.

*

Time is an accordion fold.

*

I wrote what I think is a pretty good section of Appearances today (fragment 200).

*

Time is a side affect.

*

Conclusions are boring.
Questions soar above quotidian concerns like speech balloons above the chalk outlines of murder victims.

*








No comments:

Post a Comment