Friday, June 13, 2014

Listening to Jack White's Lazaretto.  Love it.

*

Writing more difficult than usual lately.  Am at a point in Appearances where it's unclear which way to go.  I have a number of ideas but am unsure which to develop.  Obviously things need to steep.

I also have a start on a very spare sequence which started out strongly but which is now stalled.

*

Guitar work proceeds apace.  Progress is slow but steady.  My speed is starting to pick up a little and I'm starting to relax enough to have some success with chords.  All those unnatural things I've been asking my old fingers to do are starting to happen!  It's a very slow process, but there's progress.  It's a stuttering sort of progress, but...

*

I've been a little bummed out by the relative lack of response to DIPSTICK DIPTYCH so far.  Don't get me wrong, what response there has been has been good.  But...the book is particularly important to me and I'm wondering if it can find a wider audience.  Writing is tricky.  Getting it around and noticed is trickier still.  I'm just sayin'.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment