Monday, June 23, 2014

Yesterday I watched It Might Get Loud for the third time.  It's a fabulous documentary in which Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White talk about electric guitars.  Oh, and they play together, too..  There is so much good stuff in this film.

*

Writing not going well.

*

Three people in my extended family have serious health issues at the moment--my Dad, my sister, and a grandson.

*

Winter was relentless.  Spring was a soaker and Summer's looking like it might be a soaker too.

*

Guitar work?  I might have one day a week when I play in a way that doesn't make me unhappy.

*

Last Friday I walked downtown in the drizzle to hear my guitar teacher's band, The Bluestones.  I sat at the table closest to the stage so that I could study fretwork and the interplay between the musicians.  I was surprised to be joined by a friend, Fred, who is a more practiced and advanced guitar player than me, but who has many of the same frustrations with the instrument that I do.  It was a fun night.

*

Virtually the only CD I've listened to in the car for the last 3 years is Robbie Robertson's How to Become Clairvoyant. I'm obsessed by the recording.  Here's one of the songs played on late night television with The Roots and the amazing Robert Randolph.  And here's the title song as presented on the album.  Isn't that fucking great?

*

Not sure if I'm going to do this blog much longer.  Shout out if you have any thoughts.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment