Sunday, October 30, 2011

I've been sick for the last few days but powered through a punishing work schedule. Now am feeling depleted--drippy, woozy. I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle going to work tomorrow or not.

*

Haven't been able to write anything of value since publishing Parts and Other Pieces. It feels like that book has fallen into a black hole. Which is depressing. It, along with an unpublished chapbook entitled Collapsing Structures, represent much of my best work from the last year or so.

*

A bright note: my recent interview with philosopher Graham Harman at Ask/Tell. It was an energizing exchange. I hope poets are reading it too and not just philosophers. I say that because when I google the piece, the great bulk of references to it are at philosophy sites. The driving idea behind Ask/Tell is to get poets not just to converse with other poets but to engage folks from other disciplines and to expand the forms that poetics can take. I would love to see poets in conversation with choreographers, visual artists, ecologists, composers, philsophers, scientists, etc, etc. I want to explore the poetics of experience as much as anything else. With the hope that it will lead to further collaboration.

*

Currently working on an interview with NF Huth. Nancy has recently released a full-length collection, Radiator, and a chapbook called 3 Words. I hope these books can find the wide audience they deserve. Her treatment of objects in her poems resonates for me with aspects of Harman's object oriented ontology.

*

I couldn't sleep last night. We live a couple of blocks from the center of town. Twenty thousand Halloween revelers and the attendant police presence--siren after freaking siren--made much needed rest impossible. My eyes are barely open as I type this. So, later...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment