Friday, May 9, 2014

One of the books I've been reading lately is Sex, Or The Unbearable, a philosophical dialogue, by Lauren Berlant and Lee Edelman.  One of the questions Berlant asks, in the section I just completed, is:

"How to articulate structure and noise?"
 (79)

That's a question which resonates deeply with me.  I'd go so far as to say that it is a question that is foundational for the innovative poetry zeitgeist.

And how about that cover photo?!

*

It's really humid.  Raining and thundering off and on.  The humidity doesn't agree with me, but it helps to keep my acoustic guitar from getting too dry, and the flowers look happy.  The pansies on the front steps are perking up.  And who doesn't like a perky pansy?

*

Wrote a new section of Appearances today

*

A couple of days ago I picked up my grandson Ryan at his school.  We spent a few hours together.  One of the things we did was draw.  Ryan's 6 and  enormously patient and detail oriented when drawing.  I love seeing him totally absorbed in doing something creative.

*

Yesterday's weather was beautiful--the first time in over 6 months that we hit 80 degrees F.  Heaven.

*

Listening to Hall and Oates because sometimes they really hit a sweet spot for me.  Inevitably I end up singing along.

*

Also reading An Army of Lovers, a novel, by Juliana Spahr and David Buuck.  Fabulous.  Hoping to write something about it at some point.

*

Having great fun working on an interview with Angela Simione.

*

The bit I wrote for Appearances earlier today took the form of a dialogue between the Virtual and the Real.

*

I know I haven't been posting here much lately.  Life is complicated and messy sometimes.  I'll try to do better.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment