Sunday, November 30, 2014

I'm multitasking.

There's a DVD on of Jeff Beck Live in Tokyo.  It features a new backing band.  I was a fan of the last configuration, but this one is fabulous.  I can't fault Beck's ability to keep evolving.  He's a great recognizer and encourager of talent.  I admire that about him.

I'm typing this, obviously, making something like a "real" post--something I haven't been doing much for awhile.  I do want to get back to blogging.  My sister's death took me out of the game for awhile.

I'm making dinner--a chicken chili.

OK.  So I am hopping up and down a lot, putting things on pause, adjusting temperatures, draining things, setting timers, slicing stuff, playing air guitar and etc.  That's how I roll.

As I roll toward the end of the first draft of Appearances I'm feeling frustrated.  There have been so many interruptions in the course of its making that I keep having to start over again.   I've been working on it for three years, the longest I've ever worked on a writing project, so I'm anxious for it to eventually resolve into something of some use.

I've been keeping up with guitar practice but progressing slower than I'd like.  Part of the problem is that my fingers still aren't strong enough to do what I want to do.  Part of the problem is that I'm very slow to understand musical concepts--it takes me awhile to hear patterns, changes, etc. Part of the problem is that I can't make it the totality of things, the entire focus.  In the end, I'm a poetry person.  But music,damn it,  I want at least a tiny piece of it.

Thanks for listening.  Stop by and say hello now and then.








1 comment: