Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Listening to Keith Richards and the Winos.

*

Lot of yard work today.  Also a lot of unproductive staring at the screen.  I'm on the cusp of something in Appearances  that I can't yet articulate to myself, let alone anyone else.

*

Have started dipping into Thinking with Whitehead: A Free and Wild Creation of Concepts by Isabelle Stengers  (Harvard, 2011).  I'm only a few pages into the body of the text, after first reading Bruno Latour's brilliant Foreword, but already the sense that this is a book which is going to matter to me.

*

Bobby Keys wailing away on sax.

*

Lately in Appearances I've been doing a lot of re-writing of the most recent fragment.  Tuning it up.  And then, several times, I've moved on and written a follow-up installment and wound up deleting it.  It's frustrating.  I keep seeing the characters in my mind's eye.  They're metaphysical cartoons which are as real to me as anything I know.

*

OK.  Maybe I should go and attempt some guitar "boxes."

*


No comments:

Post a Comment