Friday, November 29, 2013

Acquired a new acoustic guitar today.  The one I started with has a wide neck and I came to feel, after a lot of deliberation, that it is too hard to play. Particularly at the bottom of the neck.

Of course all changes introduce new challenges.  The new guitar's action is different.  One has to press down a bit harder with the left hand ahead of the frets.  The guy I bought it from told me that it's not about the number of years you play, it's about the number of hours.  I guess that's heartening.  Maybe sometime in the next year I'll feel better about it all.

*





1 comment:

  1. Tom, you might have a guitar tech at Woody's or somewhere give the acoustic a little tweak. A setup won't set you back too much, and you might be happy about how a twist of a truss rod, a little filing of a nut or saddle can make it so much easier to play. They should tell you in advance how much it will cost, but I wouldn't think more than 30 to 50 dollars tops. Take care!

    ReplyDelete