Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Haven't felt much like blogging lately.  Too busy with family matters, house, yard, reading, guitar, attempts to write, etc.  Yesterday I spent a couple hours proof reading Dipstick(Diptych) which Marsh Hawk Press will be publishing in the Spring.

I'm having a love-hate relationship with the guitar at the moment.  I haven't played yet today, but my hands still hurt a little from the amount of playing I've done over the last few days.  Sunday alone I got around three hours of playing in.

I'm working on the single note riff from "Rock Me Baby."  It's kicking my ass. Here's a much embellished version which I really love from one of Eric Clapton's Crossroad Guitar Festivals.

*

"Even mirrors are what they are, no matter what they reflect."
(35)
--Timothy Morton, Hyperobjects: Philosophy and Ecology after the End of the World (University of Minnesota, 2013)

*

Recommended: TAKEAWAY, a beautiful chapbook of poetic collaborations by Kit Robinson and Ted Greenwald.  For more info contact James Yeary here:  juniorvarsityyardsale@gmail.com

*

There are times when I think my best friends are either imaginary or really existing characters in books, movies, TV shows, songs.

*

Tonight the Robert Cray Band's going to play at the Kent Stage.  I'm gonna be there.  Check this out.

*

Catch you later...



No comments:

Post a Comment