Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I made some solid progress with Appearances today.  Wrote two new sections and have a sense of how to proceed in the next couple of parts.  It's a good feeling.  Even knowing that the next couple sections will be among the most difficult of the book.

*

Trying to adjust to the cold and snow.  It gets harder every year.

*

I felt today like I made some guitar progress.  I was hitting the notes pretty well.  I don't have speed but I have desire and stubbornness.  Worked on the single note riff from Howling Wolf's "Killing Floor."  Believe me, it doesn't sound great when I play it.  But there's hope. I'm tired of beating myself up over what I can't do.  THERE IS SHIT I CAN DO.  I can feel it really slow.  So that's how I roll.

*

As a poet I often create structures which I improvise within.  I hope I live long enough to do that a little with music and to see how that might feed back into the poetry.  That's my goal.

*




No comments:

Post a Comment