Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tomorrow I'm having dinner with an old friend.  We've been out of touch for over twenty years.  He's soon to become an ex-pat.  I've missed this person for a very long time.  So many questions.  So little time.

*

I've been trying and trying to play a six string barre chord today.  And I JUST CAN'T GET MY FUCKING FINGERS TO WORK.

*

Questions really are at the heart of everything I do/have done.  I feel a real kinship with Wittgenstein because of his struggles with certainty.  I truly distrust the arrogance of  knowing for sure.

*

I've been reading a lot by and about philosophers.  I've been thinking a lot about the disconnects between experience and thought.

*

Writing is about disconnects between experience and thought too.

*

In a recent e-mail zeitgeist JB-R, in an exchange about music lessons, referred to me as Blind Lemon Beckett.  I don't deserve that.  But I love it.  Thanks, John.

*


1 comment: