Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Just finished watching a documentary about Sartre.  He was a thinker who meant, and still means, a lot to me.  From the phenomenological investigations in his philosophy and fiction, to the activism and engagement with his times, he exemplified the public intellectual.  It's difficult to imagine Foucault, Derrida, Deleuze without there first having been the example of Sartre.

*

Have no idea if the "selfie" poems I've been posting are connecting with anyone, but it's an interesting exercise for me.

*

Sweeping, lifting and pushing snow is getting back into the daily routine.

*

I like it when Keith Jarrett vocalizes a bit on his recordings.

*

Need to get back to Appearances with a vengeance.  At the moment, though, am at a loss about how to proceed.  Need, I know, to wait.  But that seems like all I do--wait--I mean.  And that's where the homonym "weight" comes in.  A heaviness enters one.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment