Sunday, January 5, 2014

My favorite guitar pick is light blue and it has a raised surface which makes it easier to hold onto.  I hate it when I drop a pick inside of the guitar and have to shake it out.

*

Today I practiced while watching the movie Thor.

*

Yesterday I played pool and drank wine with psychologist friend Branton.  He kicked my ass.  But it was fun and, at one point, he said: Well, you're an introvert.  He didn't say that in reference to the pool games but in response to something I'd said about my difficulties negotiating things like public poetry readings.

*

My guitar practice today felt good in a way that it hasn't to this point.

*

There's some scary weather ahead of us the next couple of days, if reports are to be believed.  9 below tomorrow?

*

Reading Bruce Wagner's The Empty Chair: Two Novellas.  It's a brilliant diptych about spirituality and human folly.

*

Am on the verge of a new collaboration with my friend Thomas Fink.

*

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back to Appearances.

*

Happy New Year, everyone!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment