Thursday, January 2, 2014

The weather is treacherous here today.  This morning I went out with the intention of running a few errands.  I made my first stop but then turned back and went home.  The streets were too dangerous.  People were sliding all over the place.  I narrowly avoided being run into 3 or 4 times in the course of a two mile journey.  I'm an experienced winter driver.  I've been driving in this clime for a little over 40 years.  But, still, it was scary out there this morning.  When I got home my heart was pounding.  When it returned to its normal rate I took a deep breath and went outside to shovel for 40 minutes.  Winter: my least favorite time of year.

*

Listening to Neil Young Live at the Cellar Door, a concert recorded in 1970.  Spare, lovely music.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment