Thursday, April 24, 2014

Feeling kind of desultory.  "Desultory" is a word I associate with Robert Creeley, by the way.  For whatever that's worth.

Words lead one wherever one might go.  It's hard to parse.

*

I'm listening to Family Style  (the Brothers Vaughan).

*

I'm thinking this summer I should concentrate on learning how to play the circle of fourths.

*

Poetry, philosophy, painting have always been mixed up in my head.

I have a history with practicing poetry and thinking philosophy.  Painting has always been an unrealized yearning.  Much like music.

While in Port Jeff' with Tom Fink I got a sense of his painting process.  After a guitar session, he showed me how he started his canvases.  It made me want to paint.

*

I crave surrounds of sound, color, meaning, flesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment