Monday, April 21, 2014

I'm baaack!

Arrived home Saturday evening after 8 days away and was met by a house full of relatives here for Easter weekend.  Today is the first time I've had a chance to catch my breath since the morning of April 11.

It's now 11:11 AM and I'm a little dicombobulated.

So far
today I
have peed
in 3
of these
United States
and in
many more
states
of mind.

(Philadelphia airport 4/19/14)

The Marsh Hawk Press launch/party went well.  I read "I Forgot" from Dipstick Diptych (available from Small Press Distribution, Amazon, and myself--in case you've forgotten).  People seemed to enjoy the piece.  It was good to meet my fellow readers and everyone associated with the press.  The audience was probably about 40 in number.

"I'm off...like a prom dress!"
--Anne Gorrick's parting words at Poets House, Marsh Hawk book launch 4/11/14


One misadventure...I unknowingly lost my cell phone but was reunited with it days later through the good graces of a kind NYC doorman.  Thank you, Vincent!

Spent a few memorable days with Thomas Fink and his wife Molly Mason in Port Jefferson on the far end of Long Island.  Molly gave me personal tour of the Hamptons.  Special point of interest: visiting the Springs cemetery  where Jackson Pollock and Frank O'Hara, et al are buried.  Beneath the name of a decedent on one of the permanent residents' tombstone were the words: "30 percent off"!

Thomas and I had some great conversations, 2 guitar sessions (he's self-taught and has been playing for 40 years) and a wonderful trip to the Museum of Modern Art.

Wednesday I departed Port Jeff' for Connecticut where I happily visited with relatives until Saturday morning when I began wending my way back to Ohio.

Later, taters.


4 comments:

  1. Faboo report. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eileen. I did, indeed, have fun. Wish you could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could've been there too. happy to hear you had a great time, tom. strum a few chords for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Richard. One of these days, hopefully, we will get together.

    ReplyDelete