Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yesterday I spent 4 hours practicing guitar:  2 hours before class, an hour during class, and an hour after class.  That's a record for me.  I'm paying for it today with a variety of aches and pains.  A slow but dogged learner is what I am.

*

Yesterday was the first day in the seventies since October.  Heaven.  Today won't get that warm but it's not going to snow.  A very good thing indeed.

*

I'm listening to A Tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughan, a CD which was recorded live in 1995.  Bonnie Raitt, Jimmie Vaughan, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Dr. John, Art Neville (among others) play beautifully on it.  Lovely, lovely recording.

*

I play a lot of scales.  Have fallen in love with an ascending-descending scale.  You play 3 notes then back up to the second note, play it and then 2 notes forward and so on (a minor pentatonic).  If I get frustrated with trying to get my fingers to shape chords, I play scales and rhythms and then come back to the chords later.

*




No comments:

Post a Comment