Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stray Notes

Am kind of out of sorts.

*

Listening to Ravi Coltrane's gorgeous Spirit Fiction.

*

New on the stack: A Poet's Mind: Collected Interviews with Robert Duncan, 1960-1985 (North Atlantic Books, 2012).

*

My reading at Kent State is a month away.  Doing readings as infrequently as I do they become occasions for anxiety.

*

This has been a summer of turmoil.  Lots of family stuff/drama going on.  So writing projects kept getting derailed.

*

Am a little stuck at this point in Appearances.  I haven't been meeting my page goals but I work on the damn    thing pretty much every day.  A generous excerpt, by the way, will be appearing before too long at Peep/Show.

*

Another book I read this past week was Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson.  It's a remarkable, vivid memoir.     Now I want to go to Harlem and eat at the Red Rooster.  Not likely to happen, but one can dream.

*

It's been thundering off and on this afternoon.

*

Aside from the Ravi Coltrane cd I've been listening to a lot of B.B. King this week.  His voice, his guitar playing and the feeling behind it all never fail to move me.

*

Sometimes loneliness overwhelms.  Sometimes one's thoughts underwhelm.

*







No comments:

Post a Comment