Friday, April 20, 2012

The Latest From _I FORGOT_

*

I forgot where I parked.

*

We were interrupted and I forgot what we had been talking about.

*

I forgot to say what I had planned to say.

*

I forgot to chase down a reference.

*

I forgot to observe protocol.

*

I forgot to fast before the physical.

*

I forgot to be on my best behavior.

*

I forgot to adjust the volume.

*

I forgot to think before acting.

*

I forgot to tell you what I really think.

*

I forgot that you’re not into poetry.

*

I forgot that I was supposed to focus more on making money than making poetry.

*

I forgot that I am not valued by you unless I agree with your decisions.

*

I forgot that you once acted on the stage.

*

I forgot to send flowers.

*

I forgot to express my condolences.

*

I forgot to swallow.

*

I forgot to vote.

*

I forgot to emote.

*

I forgot the taste of semen.

*

I forgot when they planned to leave and didn’t want to ask.

*

I forgot, for a moment, what you look like.

*

I had forgotten, or perhaps never before realized, that my childhood home on Cherry Lane was very small.

*

I had forgotten to remember that I thought I wanted to surrender.

*

I forgot to remove the carcass from the backyard.

*

I forgot to react to his taunts.

*

I forgot to mask my desire.

*

I forgot to look at my “to-do list.”

*

I forgot which version of my story was a fantasy.

*

I forgot to put the leftovers in the fridge.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment