Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Lot More From _I FORGOT_


*

I forgot to return the library book.

*

I forgot to add baking soda when making chocolate chip cookies.

*

I “forgot” to do my homework.

*

I forgot you’re dead.

*

I sometimes forget what it’s like to feel loved.

*

I forgot the year of your birth.

*

I forgot where to put the comma.

*

I forgot to thank you.

*

I forgot to apologize.

*

I forgot to explain myself to you.

*

I forgot that you and I have different ways of perceiving, embracing, and withdrawing from the world.

*

I forgot that there’s little which is obvious.

*

I forgot to not assume too much.

*

I forgot to preheat the oven.

*

I forgot to thump (or not to thump) my chest.

*

I forgot to be present.

*

I forgot to praise someone.

*

I forgot to “get over myself.”

*

I forgot to watch where I was walking.

*

I forgot to include you in what I was doing.

*

I forgot how loud I might be singing with the earphones on.

*

I forgot that I’m a failure, but I was reminded.

*

After a big buildup, I forgot the punch line again.

*

I forgot to get off on the right exit.

*

I forgot to get you off.

*

I forgot to tell him off.

*

I forgot to introduce you.

*

I forgot what it’s like to be young.

*

I forgot to pretend.

*

I forgot to swallow my pride.

*

I forgot to not have another drink.

*

I forgot to reveal that while I may well be a great listener, there are things I want to say and have heard too.

*

I forgot to assert my presence.

*

I forgot where I was.

*

I forgot to save money.

*

I forgot who I wanted to be.

*

I forgot to remind you to do whatever it was you wanted me to remind you to do.

*

I forgot that I can’t sing and sang anyway.

*

I forgot the rules of the game.

*

I forgot to be compliant.

*

I forgot that I wrote that poem.

*

I forgot that I’m not as transparent as I feel.

*

I forgot to return your call.

*

I forgot to watch where I was going.

*

I forgot to “be in the moment.”

*

I forgot to take the picture.

*

I forgot to write the poem down.

*

I forgot to find the courage to ask you out.

*

I forgot to look in the mirror.

*

I forgot that when I look at you that you look back at me.

*

I have the nagging suspicion that I’ve forgotten something again.

*

Forgetting is a kind of continuum. It ranges from protective to destructive behavior with all kinds of stops in-between.

*

Forgetting can be thought of as almost a kind of music or painting – oscillating intervals and/or blanks, don’t you know.

*

Forgetting can be a gift and it can be several kinds of hell.

*

I forgot to salt it.

*

I forgot to tell you that your friend called.

*

I forgot to tell you what your friend called you.

*

I forgot to be obsequious.

*

I forgot to make contingency plans.

*

I forgot to look before crossing the street.

*

I forgot to read the Owner’s Manual.

*

I forgot to take the medicine.

*

I forgot to pay attention.

*

I forgot to declare my intentions.

*

I forgot, upon waking, to write a seemingly important recognition down.

*

For the most part, I forget my dreams.

*





No comments:

Post a Comment