Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just watched the documentary Ginger Baker in Africa courtesy of Netflix.  I recommend it if you enjoy world class percussion music.

*

Feeling discouraged about writing these days.  Appearances is proving difficult and has thrown me off my game poetry wise.  But I did have an idea for a long poem today.  I'm not sure how to start it, but I've got an idea of the form it might take.  It would be called Assumptions.  It might make a nice counterpoint to Appearances.

*

Appearances is making me think about repetition and mutation in writing all over again.  Making me think too about showing the machinery of thought, of not pretending that everything is seamless and neat.  The mess in the message is everywhere evident in this manuscript.

*

Spring is struggling to come to NE Ohio.  The flowers are up: daffodils, tulips, hyacinth, forsythia, etc.  But, you know, it snowed last Saturday.  And there was a heavy frost this morning.  There have been thunderstorms.  It'll be 70 degrees one day and 40 the next.  Plays havoc with the sinuses.

*

Writing is weather.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment