Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dinner's simmering.

*

It's 85 degrees F. here. And extremely humid. Heat in OH always comes with humidity.

*

Wrote a review of Coeur De Lion by Ariana Reines. While I was composing it I listened to Norah Jones' new CD, Little Broken Hearts. It seemed appropriate.

*

I've read a few pages of the new Zizek. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

*

Yesterday, because of something Kate Zambreno posted, I read Anne Carson's essay, "The Gender of Sound." Now I'm thinking a lot about mouths. And Baubo. And the many, many women writers I admire.

*

My sister is 2 years younger than me. When she was an adolescent in the '60s she was diagnosed with diabetes. The physician told her she would not live past 40. What a prick.

His prophecy would have come true, but she was saved by organ transplants--pancreas and kidney. Before she turned 40.

She's been through a lot over the last 40+ years. She's among the most courageous people I know.

*

The chili I'm making smells great. I'd share some with you if you were here.

*

Stop by and say "Hello" sometime.

*

Later, agitators.

*







No comments:

Post a Comment