Thursday, May 24, 2012

Listening to the Tedeschi Trucks Band. It's humid. Fans are humming.

*

Earlier watched the "R" (Resistance) and "S" (Style) segments of the A-Z Interviews with Gilles Deleuze. I'm really looking forward to the "W" (Wittgenstein) segment. But I won't skip ahead.

*

At times writing is a struggle and at times writing is a joyful struggle.

I do what I think of as my best work when I have a generative, open framework, and a rule or two. Rules, it should be noted, don't always have to be scrupulously obeyed; but they are good focal points.

*

My writing often fails, often disappoints me. Failure, I must admit, is an important--though frustrating--part of the process.

Occasionally I manage to do something which embraces more than I know.

*

Learning to edit one's work. Learning when to toss, when to recycle, when to seek another's opinion, when to say "Fuck it, I'm going with this anyway." All crucial.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment