Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In addition to the Zizek,and some other titles I've mentioned recently, I'm also reading John Irving's In One Person and have just cracked Roland Barthes' Travels in China. Am also finishing up William Gibson's recent nonfiction collection.

*

Listening to Jack White's Blunderbuss. I really love the instrumentation on this CD. Hell, I love the CD period.

*

Today's been a day of errands--getting my car serviced, picking up this and that, going to the gym, etc.

*

Birds are making manic noises behind me.

*

Am about halfway through reading__Looking Up Harryette Mullen: Interviews on Sleeping with the Dictionary and Other Works__. I'm planning on reviewing it for Galatea Resurrects. I admire the book. I would love to do something on that level myself--a focused booklength exchange with a poet or other creative person I care about.

*

Watched Anthony Bourdain's most recent episode of No Reservations, which was set in Finland, and wondered what Karri Kokko's up to and wondered if I'll ever meet him over a plate of reindeer meat.

*

Hoping tomorrow can be a writing day. Some things are stirring.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment