Sunday, September 2, 2012

I am a third of the way through my work in progress, Appearances: A Novel in 365 Fragments.  It's taken me 8 months to reach this point.  I'm off the pace I'd set for myself at the beginning of the year.  I doubt I'll have a first draft, as planned, by the end of this year.  But, then again, I've never seriously attempted anything on this scale before.  And I am determined to see it through.

*

Watched the great black and white noir classic D.O.A. this afternoon.

Also this afternoon found a decent used copy of Whitehead's Adventures of Ideas which I've been thinking I need to have a look at.

*

My poetry reading at Kent State is a couple of weeks away.  Am looking forward to the occasion with mixed emotions.  Trying not to psych myself out about it.

*

A pivotal question in Appearances:  "How much of one's life is fictional?"  I think it is a very important question.

*

Started, just barely, reading the new bio of David Foster Wallace:  Every Love Story Is A Ghost Story.  It looks promising.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment