Monday, October 1, 2012

A Tammy PS

I just read straight through Tammy.  In one sitting.  All 113 pages.  Not because I wanted to get hot and bothered again.  Although I did get hot and bothered.  I read through the  whole of Tammy in order to think through whether it truly works for me as a whole.  And to search out more typos and mistakes.

I'm pleased to report that I do think the book works as a whole.  The parts connect in ways that I find pleasing.

And, of course, I keep finding typos and little mistakes.  And I keep correcting them.

It's a quick moving novel about sexual awakenings and transformation.  A lot of sex happens in Tammy.  Some of the sex scenes are disturbing.  Some are funny.  Some are very tenderly depicted.

It's hard sometimes, sometimes even dangerous, to write sex.  One risks exposing oneself.  One risks ridicule or disdain.  One risks being labeled in various ways.  Sometimes, though, risks are worth taking, important to take.

It was important to me to write this book.  I'm proud of it.  I heart Tammy/Tommy.  I heart them very much.

                                                                           XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment