Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The tubes, tentacles and wine, etc, were very good.  Fresh and delicious.  A craving satisfied.

Best of all was a change of venue.

Sitting at the bar, listening in on conversations, etc, freed me up to think about Appearances more better, don't you know, cher.  And so  I've figured out what I need to do in the next 3 fragments at a very pivotal point.  So, that's all to the good.

It's, anyway, a big deal to me.  Since this is the book I set out to write in my retirement.  I'm approaching it as if it may well be the last thing I'll ever do.  It's a philosophically ambitious book but casually expressed.

It's a beautiful autumn day in Kent, Ohio.  70 degrees farenheit, a breeze, a pretty sky, the Cuyahoga swollen and rushing to the south. It's not going to last.  Best to enjoy it while one can.  Which is why I took three walks today.  Even with my bad knee and tight hamstring (and that's with doing an hour on the stationary bike everyday).

I'm getting old.  Old, unpretty and desirous of impossible things.  It's not a pretty picture.  Deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment